GATEWAY ATHLETICS MISSION STATEMENT
- The mission of the Gateway Athletics Department is to:
- Support the overall mission of Gateway High School
- Help students to develop leadership skills and self-discipline
- Instill and proper attitudes toward winning and losing, success and failure
- Inspire respect for fellow athletes, students, parents and coaches
- Teach an understanding of the value of teamwork
- Develop an appreciation for the relationship between investment and reward
- Improve skill sets specific to sport
- And to excel on the field of play
Gateway is a member of the Bay Counties League Central (www.bacbcl.com), the North Coast Section (www.cifncs.org) and the California Interscholastic Federation (www.cifstate.org).
2013-2014 Gateway Team Sports include:
Boys Varsity Soccer
Girls Varsity Volleyball
Girls JV Volleyball
Boys Varsity Basketball
Boys JV Basketball
Girls Varsity Basketball
Co-Ed Varsity Baseball
Girls Varsity Soccer
Click here for the Athletics Calendar
* Students may also participate in Cross Country, Golf, Track & Field, Swimming, Badminton and Tennis on an individual basis. We do not provide coaching or transportation to events but will do our best to enable students to participate in these sports on a competitive level in Bay Counties League & North Coast Section events/meets. Those interested should email email@example.com well before their season of sport.
All students interested in playing sports at Gateway High School must complete and return the Interscholastic Sports Application found here. Completed applications should be returned to the main office or to Stephen Flynn, Athletic Director, Gateway High School.
Gateway High School has one PE class per semester. All other students are required to complete 240 hours of supervised exercise outside of school (with no more than 120 hours of credit given in one calendar year) in order to graduate. Parents are not allowed to sign off on PE hours without prior approval from the Gateway Athletics Department. PE Forms and more details can be found below.
Forms for Download:
off on PE hours without prior approval from the Gateway Athletics Department. PE Forms and more details can be found below.