The primary mission of the Gateway Athletics Department is to support the overall mission of Gateway High School. We hope to accomplish that mission by:
- Helping students to develop leadership skills and self-discipline;
- Instilling proper attitudes toward winning and losing, success and failure;
- Inspiring respect for fellow athletes, students, parents, and coaches;
- Teaching an understanding of the value of teamwork;
- Developing an appreciation for the relationship between investment and reward;
- Improving skill sets specific to sport;
- And to excelling on the field of play.
Gateway is a member of the Bay Counties League Central (www.bacbcl.com), the North Coast Section (www.cifncs.org) and the California Interscholastic Federation (www.cifstate.org).
2014-2015 Gateway Team Sports include:
Boys Varsity Soccer
Girls Varsity Volleyball
Girls JV Volleyball
Boys Varsity Basketball
Boys JV Basketball
Girls Varsity Basketball
Co-Ed Varsity Baseball
Girls Varsity Soccer
Click here for the Athletics Calendar
All students interested in playing sports at Gateway High School must complete and return the Student-Athlete Eligibility Packet, which can be found in the main office, from the Athletic Director, or via download below. Completed applications should be returned to the main office or to Stephen Flynn, Athletic Director, Gateway High School.
Forms for Download: